Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Calista's birthday!

I know this is a late blog, but better late than never right? Calista turned 4 on January 31st. She is so excited to be in Primary this year. I'm actually glad that she's an older sunbeam because she sets a good example. She loves singing, so singing time is probably her favorite part. Although she really likes her sunbeam teacher too. She sits very attentive during singing time, and knows most of the regular primary songs already. This last Sunday the primary got to go up and sing "I love to see the temple" in sacrament meeting. I almost forgot to send Calista up there, but she was so excited to be one of the older kids! And she did a great job up there too!!
Mom helped me make the birthday cake. Aaron and I happened to be in Pendleton the night before so mom baked the cake and I got to add the icing.

Calista's sunbeam teacher stopped by the next day and gave her birthday balloons and a bunch of other little toys. She got playdough, bouncy balls, sunglasses (which she cheerfully shared with Ellen after choosing her favorite color), crayons and two little puzzle/games. She was excited and it was just yesterday that the balloon bit the dust (only because people were fighting over it).
We got Calista a pair of pants, her own sleeping bag, a new bicycle bell, and some princess games - bingo, go fish, and a puzzle. I think she was excited! Now we just need to fix her bike tires so she can ride the bike that goes with the bell!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Aww, she looks so grown up! I'm glad she loves Sunbeams-- Jackson has informed me that he no longer wants to be 3, he wants to be either 2 (so he can be in nursery still) or 6 so he can go to school. Sunbeams just isn't on the list yet:) YAY for happy sunbeams. I love all the pics, what a happy girl!

Anonymous said...

Tia! I'm so glad that Tara gave me her password so that I could get onto your site! I haven't seen your girls for so long - they have really grown up and changed! What cuties - Samuel too. Congrats on the pregnancy - that is very exciting, too! Amy

Polkowske Fam said...

You threw me off when I first started reading your blog...my mind kept saying, "it's her b-day?" obviously I had only gotten through the title! Then I was thinking, Calista isn't the youngest girl's name?! Which one is Calista? Amazing how a brain can get stumped! :) Anyway, once I got myself all on track I really enjoyed the blog and the pictures are great! I can't believe she is 4yrs...how are your kids getting so big?!