Friday, February 26, 2010

Liken Series "Esther and the King"

I might've posted about this movie and the series before but here we go again. I just got an email from "Liken" and their trying to get their movies into regular retail stores, not just sold on their sites. They've been trying for almost 5 years and haven't had much success. However, Walmart just decided that they'd give it a try. Starting on March 2, they will have a handful of "Esther" movies for sale for just under $15 (which is about $5 cheaper than you can buy them on the Liken site) in nearly every Walmart across the U.S. Depending on how this movie sells, they will add more of the titles. You can go into the Walmart stores or order online at http://www.walmart.com/ip/13326085
I highly recommend this movie. My kids love it and can sing along with all the songs. It follows the scriptural story in the bible very well, even the songs. It is a musical, so there are several songs, but they do a good job teaching morals and faith in their production. It also adds a little humor, but doesn't take away from the message. Samuel has been more interested in fasting because of this movie.

I just thought that if any of you wanted to get a good family movie that is perfect for Sunday afternoons or any other day of the week, this would be a great chance. It would be nice to have more of these movies in stores!

3 comments:

Polkowske Fam said...

I love this movie too! I was excited to hear about this new adventure and I hope it does well in the stores! My girls pay more attention to the way people dress..."hair and make-up" due to the movie! :)

Tonya said...

I'll have to keep my eye out for it. Thanks for sharing. I like that one a lot. Have you watched any others in the series? Will Walmart be selling them too? Funny, I'm asking you about Walmart and my hunny works for them:)

Kellie said...

We have all the "Liken" movies too and my kids have loved them for years! Esther is my favorite one!