Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fun times around the house!

Pictures from the outside. Aaron's been busy chopping trees down and taking loads to the dump. We didn't water this back part, because it was just a bunch of weeds, so the ground looks pretty dry. However, the other day, Aaron just watered for a few minutes and the next day there was a bunch of grass that had come up. We didn't know there was any grass seed back there. So now we are starting to water back there. It helps that water is cheaper here in Pilot Rock.
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Looking at these before and after pictures, I feel like I'm doing a make up ad. You know how they have the person look their absolute worst in the before picture and then they change clothes, erase wrinkles and do whatever they need to in order to make the person look their absolute best. Well, these pictures are similar. In the original ones, the curtains are pulled, so it is darker than normal, which in turn make the after pictures look really bright. Taking out the paneling did lighten things up though. Leslie came and helped us tear it out, pick out paint, and paint the room. She thought we should choose a light green. Aaron and I weren't really sure. We felt better about browns. I went with Leslie to the store to get paint. We found a light brown called "spiced sugar." I wonder how they get these names anyway. We painted it and Samuel says, "Is this dark white?" I think his name was better. I really like the lighter walls. It seems to make the room bigger. And at nighttime, when our lamps and lights are on, the room almost looks like a light green. Aaron teased Leslie, "Hey, Leslie, I guess you got your green anyway!"

We have renamed the living room and family room since the original house posts. The kids would run from their bedrooms to the family room to play which was fine except their path went through the living room. So now the living room will be at the end of the house and the family room will be the room just down the hallway from the bedrooms.
Before:
After:

Before:

After:

Living Room closets Before:

After:

Family Room Before:

After:

These next two pictures are at different angles of the living room. I didn't have before pictures in these places.


Bathroom Before:

After (you probably can't tell much of a difference. I just painted the walls a baby boy blue instead of the greenish/blue it was.)

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Way to go!! It all looks GREAT! I love what paint can do. And the closet doors totally changed with paint. Love the house!!

Amy said...

Wow, Tia! You guys have been busy!! (So has Leslie. How did she get around to helping out with so many houses in one year? She's amazing.) The paint made a huge difference, and I loved your choices! The rooms look so spacious. Can't wait to see it all and all of you, of course!

Dean and Dawnie said...

I love it Tia. The pictures are GREAT! I love the closet doors white. and all of the rest is awesome too. Isn't it fun to work on your own home??? Good job!

Leslie said...

I like the closets painted. Do you like it? It is fun to see the before and after. It looks way lighter in there. It was fun to be able to help. The kids loved being at your house too. We had a great visit. Thanks for having us.

mariann and Tory said...

Good job Tia! I love before and after pictures! It just makes you feel like you did something:}
Good job!

Polkowske Fam said...

I love the improvements! The colors are beautiful and I love how bright it is...even if the curtains were closed before!:P Wish I was closer to see it in person.

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

You made some great changes Tia! Want to come to my house next?