Samuel mentioned the other day that at recess he was playing "horses" with the girls. They were his horses and he was the trainer. I kind of cringed inside, and asked what all the rest of the boys were playing. He said that they all play soccer or football. Then I asked why he didn't join them, because he would be really good at soccer since he likes to run and kick balls. He said he couldn't do that because he didn't know the rules, or where to kick the ball. That was on Monday. So on Tuesday, after work, Aaron came home and we all played soccer in our backyard. It was fun to see how quickly Samuel caught on to the game. Jacque, Samuel, Sarah and I were on one team, and Aaron and Calista were on another. It was a good match up. Jacque didn't quite get the hang of running to the ball, and not touching it with her hands was hard, but even she made a few goals! We kept telling Samuel that he was doing awesome and he should try playing at recess. Wednesday he came home from school all excited. He had played soccer all three recesses with the boys!! He did it again Thursday. I think we already missed the soccer season but maybe next year.
Then last night, Aaron was swinging the kids around in a circle, getting them dizzy. Ellen was the best. She loved going in circles, and did a great job doing the drunk walk/stagger when she was done. Samuel was pretty disappointing. He could turn in circles for several minutes, and not really even affect him. I on the other hand, just have to turn around twice and I'm dizzy (I did that during "Do as I'm Doing" in Nursery on Sunday. But just before scriptures last night, Samuel got to turning around, and then ran and sat on the couch next to me. I wasn't paying much attention, so I thought he did just fine. Aaron was watching and Samuel had missed his target. I was sitting on the far right cushion, and Samuel ran to sit by me. I guess he jumps, and barely makes the far left cushion. He kind of looks down with the expression "How did I get here" and then scoots over to sit by me. Calista came to sit next to him. Next thing I know, Samuel got up and ran full speed across the room and ran into the open closet door! One of the doors was open and the other was shut, so I figured he must've been heading for the closed door, to sit against it. However, when he stopped crying he told us that he was heading for the couch that Aaron was sitting on. That couch was only two steps away from where my couch was. They kind of form a V! He was obviously feeling the effects of dizziness! I'm not really sure how he got the door! You'll have to come visit to really understand this story. Maybe he will reenact it :) Poor Samuel!
4 comments:
Ok, so I laughed at this last one a bit too much!! So funny, but poor Samuel! Way to take the opportunity to teach him soccer too (and the girls). I'm glad you were observant enough to help him play with the boys instead of just having fun with the girls. Boy time is definitely needed! Good job family!
I feel bad for Samuel I don't like the feeling of being dizzy or confused. I am glad he is enjoying soccer with the boys.
Those are such fun stories!I'm glad Samuel is playing with the boys, but in a few years he might want to be hanging around the girls more and going on group dates!
Oh poor Samuel! That sounds like something Madi and Makayla have done! Must run in the family!
Post a Comment