Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Scripture Cookies

The kids came home from church on Sunday all excited because we were going to make Scripture Cookies for Family Home Evening. It sounded like fun to me, but we had to wait until last night to make them. It was fun to look up the scriptures and actually find the name of the ingredient! I didn't use the recipe listed because I didn't have all the ingredients. I've included both recipes down below:

Scripture Cookies
1 cup of : ____________ (Jeremiah 6:20)
1/2 cup of: ___________ (Psalms 55:21)
1 of: _________________ (Isaiah 10:14)
1 1/4 cup: ____________ (1 Kings 4:22)
1 tsp: Baking Powder
1/4 tsp: ______________ (Amos 4:5)
1/2 scant tsp: ________ (D&C 101:39)
1 cup: ________________ (D&C 89:17)
1 cup: Rice Krispies
1/2 cup: Coconut
1/2 cup: ______________ (1 Samuel 30:12)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together Jeremiah 6:20 ______ Psalms 55:21 ______ and Isaiah 10:14 ______. Add remaining ingredients and bake cookies for 12-15 minutes.


Emily's Cookies (the recipe I used)

2 cup of : ____________ (Jeremiah 6:20)
2/3 cup of: ___________ (Psalms 55:21)
2/3 cup of: shortening
2 of: _________________ (Isaiah 10:14)
3 1/2 cup: ____________ (1 Kings 4:22)
1 tsp: vanilla
1 tsp: ______________ (Amos 4:5)
1 tsp: ________ (D&C 101:39)
2 cup: ________________ (D&C 89:17)
1 cup: ______________ (1 Samuel 30:12)

Mix all but last two. When mixed well, add D&C 89:17 ______ and 1 Samuel 30:12 _____. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen.

After looking up the scriptures, you can check your answers at this blog:http://atkernsfam-puzzleanswers.blogspot.com/ But its more fun if you look up the scriptures first. Most of the answers are obvious. There was one that I might've messed up on (Amos 4:5). Have fun!

No comments: