This is the vest and bow tie I made Samuel for his Baptism! What a handsome boy!!

Samuel and Aaron before the baptism.
Aunt Erica and Uncle Trace
Nathan, Leslie, Josiah, Jarom and Sadie
Dean and Dawnie. Dad had gone to see the dermatologist the day before and had his nose "whittled" on, so he had to have a bandaged nose for the baptism.
Aunt Erica and Uncle Trace
Nathan, Leslie, Josiah, Jarom and Sadie
Dean and Dawnie. Dad had gone to see the dermatologist the day before and had his nose "whittled" on, so he had to have a bandaged nose for the baptism.Okay, for those of you who want to hear the story I left you hanging on, here it is. James was asked to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. When he prayed to know what to talk on, the Spirit told him to talk about Josiah. Josiah was made a king at age 8 years old. His dad and grandpa were very wicked men, and the Lord wanted to destroy the people of Judea, but since Josiah was so good, the Lord told Josiah he wouldn't destroy the people in Josiah's day. Josiah went to the temple one day and had someone read the book of commandments to him. Then he rent his garments and covenanted with the Lord that he would keep the commandments. (At this point, James rent (tore off) his white shirt! And in front of everyone there!!) Luckily for us, James had on another white shirt underneath :) (more on that later). We then learned that Josiah had all of his people come to the temple and make the same covenant! After that, the talk was on how important it was to keep our covenants that we make. It was a wonderful talk, and I don't think anyone will forget it.
I wish James would've let me know what his plans were for his talk, because I had a hard time fully concentrating on his talk for the first part. You see, he didn't look quite right. For one thing, his tie wasn't up to par. James is usually dressed very nicely, and his tie is always perfect. However, this time, his tie wasn't real snug around his neck. I figured he must've had a cold and maybe his neck had swelled up. But as I was looking at his neck, it almost looked like he had two collars on. But then how could someone put on two white shirts and not notice? I kept looking back and forth from the two collars to his tie and finally decided I was going to have to talk to Aaron later and see if he noticed something odd. Then he ripped off his first shirt. He had on his white shirt and another tie underneath. That is why the top tie wasn't tied very neatly.
Supposedly I wasn't the only one who noticed. When James walked into the Relief Society room, Leslie told Nathan to go fix James' tie. As Nathan went up to help his father look presentable, James warded him off, telling him to mind his own business. Marjorie was busy playing the piano when James walked in, so a little later she happened to look back at James, and she tried to tell him to fix his collar. (I'm guess that James must've gotten dressed into the second shirt after arriving at the church). Again, James had to tell her that he had everything under control. Mom and dad had noticed something different too. When I talked to James later, he figured that all the ladies would notice, but not the men. When I did get a chance to talk to Aaron, he said he hadn't noticed anything!
I exercised with Shelby today, and she said she also won't forget singing Christmas songs with Marjorie as the pianist. She said it was so fun to sing the Christmas songs up to speed!


6 comments:
Funny, and I agree he should have either let you know what was going on or that he would have given you a written copy of the talk afterwards:) Sounds impressive... too bad I don't know the story of Josiah... I guess I have some studying to do!
I wonder what James thought of his idea after everyone kept trying to fix his wardrobe:) At least he knows he is well loved and that his family and friends wouldn't let him out in public if he's not up to par. You always know who your friends are-- the ones who let you know you got food in your teeth... well the tie follows the same rule!
I wish we could have been there! Samuel should always remember his baptism!
Samuel is so handsome! Good job on the vest and bow tie. I love that first picture of him.
I am not sure I like the picture you posted of our family. My hair looks flat and all of the boys were in desparate need of haircuts.
We were glad that we came. We hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!
I would have loved to hear the talk! Tell him he should write it up and send it to us all :)
Have a very Merry Christmas!!
That sounded awesome! Glad you had a great turn out! Your kids are getting so big! Merry Christmas...uh late!
I wish that we could have been there! I hadn't heard about dad's talk. He is always so creative and good at teaching. Congratulations on Samuel's baptism...isn't strange to have a child old enough to be baptized?
Post a Comment