Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Samuel the Big Brother
Ellen got sick yesterday. I was reading books to Samuel and Jacque when I smelled something. Jacque thought it was her lotion, but it smelled more like throw up. Sure enough, when I looked down at my feet, Ellen was sitting there with a mess in front of her. I stripped her down and gave her a bath. Then she went to sleep. When she woke up an hour later, she had thrown up again in her bed. She threw up a couple more times before bedtime too. Samuel was getting worried. He asked if there was any medicine that Ellen could take, or if we should take her to the doctor. I assured him that she just had to get it all out of her stomach. Then Samuel said the sweetest thing, "Mommy do you need any help? Since daddy isn't home, if you need help, just call me." He is such a good big brother. Aaron had to work until 9:30 last night, and Samuel was trying to help as much as he could. Ellen slept pretty good last night. She was hungry this morning, so I hope she's all over it now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I bet you got the flu from us. Sadie woke up early Sunday morning throwing up. We thought we were over it. Sorry!
What a good big brother!! I hope Jackson follows suit! Of course, I'll have to wait a WHILE til he can talk that well, but how fun to little helpers!! he's been trained well!
Post a Comment