Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weekend with Grandpa and Grandma Baxter

Samuel didn't have any school on Thursday and Friday, so mom and dad offered to let the kids stay at their house. We had parent teacher conferences on Thursday, so I brought the kids over Friday morning and Samuel, Jacque and Calista got to stay until Saturday afternoon. They had so much fun with grandpa and grandma, and Ellen just loved the one on one attention!

Dad was trying to teach Calista good manners at breakfast (not eating with her hands), but it seems that Calista couldn't get the fork to work, and she knew grandpa said not to use her hands, so very quietly, she bent down and starting eating right off of the plate! Poor Calista, thanks for trying to listen to grandpa.

Mom and dad woke up early in the morning and were lying in bed, with their door slightly cracked, listening to the girls giggle back and forth. Then they heard "Samuel...wake up...come on Samuel...Samuel..." Then their door started slowly creeping open, a little at a time, until the girls came in.

On the way to Ontario, grandpa and grandma played "I spy with my little eye." Someone finds something out of the car and everyone else has to guess what it is. When it was Calista's turn she said, "I spy with my ONE eye." The kids really enjoyed that game.

Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Baxter! Samuel, Jacque and Calista had so much fun!!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

that sounds like it was lots of fun!! I'm so proud of Calista for being so obedient to Grandpa!! Grandpa just needs to think like a 3 yr old:) And I'm glad you got to experience having only a toddler again for a little bit. I'm sure it helps you appreciate the bigger kids when you see them next:)

mariann and Tory said...

I remember grandpa and grandma days! The girls LOVED it! We miss those days! Enjoy it!