Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine Ideas

For those who are needing ideas for your special someone(s), this is an idea that Tonya had given me a few years ago, and we redo it every year. Make a list of all the reasons you love your special someone(s) and type them up on the computer and print it out. Cut them into strips. Buy some chocolate candies (or other kind) and fill a quart jar with the candies and strips of paper. Put a lid on the jar and decorate the outside.

Last year I took each of the kids one at a time and had them tell me why they loved their daddy. Then I typed them up and filled the jar with their comments. It was fun for Aaron to see what the kids had to say.

Another idea: Do any of you remember the song by Alan Jackson, "Remember When?" We really liked the tune of it and it gave me another idea. I have about 30 pages of "remember whens." They are just little memories over the years and go something like this:

Remember when we built a fence to keep Samuel away from the fireplace? I remember. We were trying to find a way to keep Samuel safe, but that didn’t cost too much. We decided to build a fence that would block off the wood stove, computer desk, and hallway. And what was the cheapest material? PVC!

Each of the paragraphs start with "Remember when" and then I write what I remember about it. It's another fun way to keep a journal.

1 comment:

AZ Owen's said...

Hey Kerns! we have a blog too. check it out at rlowen.blogspot.com It is good to see how you guys are doing. We found that the best blogs have lots of pictures and little writing. Easier said than done. But they are a good way to stay in touch. Talk to you soon! -the owens