A couple of weeks ago, Aaron had to go to Ontario to help finish training the new manager. He left Monday morning and came back Friday evening. Since he was gone so long, I went to the store and bought some Hershey's hugs and kisses for the kids and told them they would be Dad's hugs and kisses. (Any excuse to buy candy right?!)
The kids of course loved the idea, except Ellen. I asked her once,
M: "Ellen do you want a kiss or a hug?"
E: She shakes her head and says, "NO! Candy!!"
M: "This is candy (holding the hugs and kisses in front of her), do you want a candy kiss, or hug?"
E: "Candy!!"
I think by the end of the week she knew that the hugs and kisses were candy, and she started to ask for a kiss/hug and go into the kitchen. I actually gave Jacque a real kiss and hug once to see what she would do. She smiled and said, "No mom, the candy kind!"
2 comments:
How cute! And way to be creative! I can't believe I didn't think of that when Brad was gone. What did Aaron think of the idea?
Nice! We can't wait to see pictures of your new place:}
Post a Comment