Jacque turned 6 years old yesterday!! She was so excited to finally have her birthday. We figure that Samuel has his birthday first, even though its at the end of the year. Once Samuel's birthday comes, then everyone else follows shortly there after, but Jacque thinks it takes way to long to get to her birthday. It probably doesn't help that her birthday is also one of the last in the school year too. But her birthday finally came!!
For her birthday, we opened presents in the morning and then she went over to a friend's house in the morning with Calista and Ellen so I could go to my doctor's appointment. She really liked this notebook with "Skitts" on it. For those of you who don't know, Skitts is my parent's cat. Then she had afternoon kindergarten. She got three books, a bday pencil, and a birthday certificate from school. When we got home, we watched a movie to help the time go faster until Grandma and Grandpa Baxter and daddy got home. Grandma and Grandpa Baxter were on their way to Canada for Uncle Todd and Jaylyn's open house. We got to eat dinner at Denny's, which is one of the kids' favorite places to eat! Since it was her birthday, Jacque got her meal for free (up to $5.99, so I'm not sure what would happen for an adult meal). Then we came home and ate cake. Aaron and I were too full, so we passed, but I think everyone liked it. Jacque was excited for her cake. I was going to buy a castle cake decorating kit at Walmart, but they wanted $18 for it. It would probably pay for itself eventually, but I figured I could make one for cheaper now.
We didnt' get to put candles in the cake because we left our matches at a friend's house and I forgot to get more. We told Jacque to blow out the "candles" (hugs) and she tried but she didn't do it right, so I had to show her how it was done. I leaned over and bit the hug off of the stick (oreo sticks). Of course, then everyone wanted to blow out the "candle" too. Luckily we had just enough "candles."
Another note on Jacque. A few weeks ago, she lost her first tooth! She let Aaron pull it out. I get a little grossed out at such things, so I left the room before hand. She was disappointed because the tooth fairy didn't come that night, but I figured it was because she didn't put the tooth in her tooth pillow that Grandma Baxter had made her :) We found her pillow, and sure enough, the next day she found some money where her tooth had been!!
2 comments:
Happy birthday Jacque!! I'm so glad it was such a fun day, and that you didn't miss me TOO much:) Way to go Tia on the cake, you did a great job... I wanted to eat some too!
Now about the tooth thing... have you investigated WHO the boy is that made her lose it????
Sounds like we must have the same tooth fairy...or at least the must be related. :) Happy Birthday Jacque! Hope you had a great day! I agree with Tonya...the cake looks awesome--again, using those creative juices. :)
Post a Comment