
I made these shorts and the pillowcase for Samuel on Wednesday. It was so nice to be able to start them and finish them in one day! He was so excited. I was going to try to make a shirt to go with his shorts, but I didn't have the right pattern, so I made a pillowcase instead. After I finished the pillowcase, I put it on his pillow and then showed it to him. He was so cute. He was watching a movie, and I figured that he probably wouldn't even look at it, but he turns his head and his face lights up as he says, "Wow, mom!! Thank you!" Talk about make me feel good! I'll have to make more things for him :) Its so fun to sew, especially when the kids show they like it. He was pretty excited to show Aaron his new things last night before bed.
Here's a side note for Samuel. He is learning to whistle. Several months ago he wanted to learn, but I couldn't give him any tips because I can't whistle. Aaron and mom have been helping him, and with practice he is getting pretty good. He went to bed last night and started whistling in bed. Aaron asked him to be quiet, and Samuel said, "Okay, but its really hard to stop something when you just learned it." It was a cute answer. Now I just have to see how my nerves do listening to the whistling all the time :)
2 comments:
I agree...sewing is so rewarding when people/kids appreciate your effort. Very thoughtful of Samuel. That was a cute idea to make a matching pillow case. I also like those projects that don't drag out for days or weeks...maybe I am just slow when it comes to sewing?! :)
I love how much you sew!! It makes me envious of your talent... almost enough to want to get a sewing machine and see if I can learn it... it just looks so fun to make such cute and useful things:) Great job!
Post a Comment